Jamaican Jerk ChickenFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 1 small onion,chopped shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic,crushed shopping list
- 3 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 2 Tbs white or cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 Tbs brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp ground allspice shopping list
- 1 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper shopping list
- 1broiler-fryer(3-1/2lbs) cut up in 4 serving pieces shopping list
How to make it
- In blender,combine onions,garlic,oil,vinegar,brown sugar,allspice,ginger,cinnamon,salt and pepper. Blend until smooth paste forms.. Place chicken in glass baking dish. Rub half of seasoning paste under the chicken skin, Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat grill. Cook chicken,skin side up for 20 mins. Brush on remaining seasoning paste. Turn and cook for 20 o 25 mins or until cooked through and juices run clear when pricked with a fork.
- Note: To prepare indoors,preheat oven to 450 degrees. Bake chicken ,skin side down in,in marinade pan for 20 mins. turn chicken and bake 15 mins. more or till cooked through.