Sour Cream and Herb Potato SaladFrom christinem 5 years ago
- 3 lbs. small new red potatoes shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 scallions, chopped (both white and green parts) shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle (about 2 small pickles) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream (regular or light) shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (regular or light) shopping list
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp. fresh chives, snipped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried dill or 1 tsp. fresh chopped dill shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Hard boil the eggs - my mother's method is: Place eggs in small pan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit covered for 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and place in cold water.
- Meanwhile, place whole, unpeeled potatoes in large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil for 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain and rinse in cold water until cool enough to handle. (We usually peel half of them, leave the others unpeeled)
- While still slightly warm, cut into 1" chunks and place in large bowl; sprinkle with white wine vinegar.
- Add scallions, red pepper and pickle. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add dijon mustard, sour cream and mayonnaise and stir until potatoes are coated.
- Stir in parsley, chives and dill.
- Peel and coarsely chop eggs and gently stir into salad.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
The Cookchristinem Worcester, MA
The Rating4 people
So close to my Grandmother's recipe only minus the
vinegar and bell pepper! Will try your way, sounds
wonderful. Maretheiris in Garden City loved it
Sounds wonderful - thanks for the great post!valinkenmore in Malott loved it