Baby Bliss Potato Salad With Balsamic Mustard DressingFrom christinem 6 years ago
- 2 tbsp. whole mustard seeds shopping list
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 10 oz. Canadian bacon or thick-sliced bacon shopping list
- 3 lbs. baby red bliss potatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup chopped, seeded english cucumber shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas (blanched, if desired) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place mustard seeds in vinegar and let soak for at least 30 minutes. (You can leave the seeds whole or crush/grind them for more spice)
- Dice Canadian bacon into 1/4" pieces and cook over medium heat until brown and crisp. (If using regular thick-sliced bacon, cook until crisp, drain and crumble)
- Boil potatoes in salted water for about 20 minutes or until just tender. Drain and run under cold water until cool enough to handle. Cut into quarters or large chunks.
- Add vinegar and mustard mixture to potatoes; season with salt and pepper and toss well. Let cool to room temperature.
- Add bacon, olive oil, parsley, cucumber, red onion and sugar snap peas and stir to combine.
- Season with additional salt and pepper.
- This can be refrigerated for several hours, but is best if allowed to come to room temperature before serving.