Sticky Lemon ChickenFrom shmrk3 7 years ago
- 8 to 10 pieces of chicken [4 drumsticks and thighs or a whole chicken cut up] shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme, divided shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar [or red wine vinegar] shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 lemon, thickly sliced [into 6 or so slices] shopping list
How to make it
- Season chicken on both sides with salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon of thyme.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high flame.
- Add oil and brown chicken until golden on both sides [in batches, if necessary], about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to plate and reduce heat to medium.
- Sauté garlic until fragrant, about 45 seconds.
- Add sherry vinegar and cook down until reduced by half.
- Add soy sauce, honey and water to pan and stir to combine.
- Return chicken to pan, turning to coat with sauce.
- Add lemon slices. Cook until sauce has reduced to a syrupy consistency, about 10 to 12 minutes, turning chicken frequently to coat with sauce. Chicken should be done by that time; pierce a thick piece with a knife point to see that juices run clear.
- Transfer chicken to serving platter or divide among 4 plates. Drizzle sauce over chicken and use lemon slices as garnish. Serve.