Mexican Torta Sandwich 2From midgelet 7 years ago
- 3/4 pound turkey Italian-style sausage or chorizo sausage shopping list
- 1/2 cup thick and chunky salsa shopping list
- 15-ounce can black or pinto beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 8 French rolls (3 1/2 inches by 2 1/2 inches) or bratwurst buns, cut in half lengthwise shopping list
- 1/3 cup sour cream (regular, light or nonfat) shopping list
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) Cheddar or monterey jack cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1 cup shredded lettuce shopping list
How to make it
- In a 10-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until browned (8 to 10 minutes); drain off fat.
- Stir in salsa and beans.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until heated through (2 to 3 minutes).
- Meanwhile, pull out doughy centers from top and bottom halves of rolls, leaving a cavity almost the full length of the roll.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon sour cream on both halves.
- Fill bottom half of each roll with about 1/3 cup meat mixture, 1 tablespoon cheese and 2 tablespoons lettuce; top with top half of roll.
- Cut each sandwich in half diagonally.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
another good one!chichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
Quick N Easy123 members
Modern Entertaining72 members
Home Made Sandwiches77 members
MEXICAN FOOD425 members
Sandwiches For Supper53 members
Quick Simple And Tasty52 members
Packages Jars And Cans29 members
Quick And Easy26 members
International Dishes43 members
Easy But Darn Good80 members