White German Chocolate CakeFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 4 (1 ounce) squares white chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups sifted cake flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 2 cups white sugar shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 cup flaked coconut shopping list
- 4 egg whites shopping list
- frosting shopping list
- 1 c evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 c sugar shopping list
- 1/4 lb unsalted butter shopping list
- 3 lg egg yolks shopping list
- 1 ts vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 c Chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 c Shredded unsweetened coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour 3 (9 inch) pans.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the yolks one at a time, then stir in the melted chocolate and vanilla.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- Stir in the nuts and coconut.
- In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold 1/3 of the whites into the batter, then quickly fold in remaining whites until no streaks remain.
- Divide batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Invert the cakes onto the wire racks, carefully peel off the parchment paper, and cool completely
- FOR THE FROSTING:
- . In a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the evaporated milk, sugar, butter, and egg yolks.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Do not let mixture boil fast; lower the heat if necessary.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, pecans, and coconut.
- Place the saucepan into a bowl filled with ice and stir constantly until the frosting is cool and slightly thickened.
- . Place a cake layer on a serving platter.
- Spread 1/4 of the frosting evenly over the cake layer, making sure to spread it all the way to the edges.
- Top with the second layer, and spread with 1/4 of the frosting.
- Top with the third cake layer.
- Evenly frost the top and sides of the cake with the remaining frosting
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
Sweet Tooth446 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
Death By Chocolate122 members
Going Coconuts71 members
Cakes Of Any Type143 members
Cake OLicious60 members
International Baking67 members
The Icing On The Cake31 members