Cauliflower Potato and Bacon SoupFrom littlefoot212 5 years ago
- 500 grams bacon, diced shopping list
- 1 packet of chicken noodle soup shopping list
- 1 Litre water shopping list
- 1 large cauliflower, broken into florets shopping list
- 1 kilo potatoes peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 brown onion, sliced and peeled shopping list
- 300grams sour cream shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic. crushed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, sliced shopping list
- 1 leek, white part only - sliced and halved shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a heavy based and large saucepan, turn heat to medium and fry onion, garlic, leek and celery until vegetables are fragrant and have softened.
- Once the ingredients have softened and the mixture is fragrant, turn down the heat and add chicken noodle soup packet, cauliflower. water and potatoes, then stir through and bring to the boil. Once boiling, turn heat to a simmer and lett all vegetables cook through til tender.
- While ingredients are cooking, in a fry pan, fry bacon to your liking and set aside on grease-proof paper.
- Once all vegetables are cooked through, turn off the heat and allow vegetables to cool, then strain from the stock and save stock for later and process all vegetables in a food processor until smooth.
- Transfer the ingredients to a clean pot and reheat at a low temperature, gently stirring stock through, until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Whisk through the sour cream until it has combined thoroughly and gently stir through bacon and serve the soup immediately with crusty bread rolls or garlic bread