homemade Enchilada SauceFrom peetabear 4 years ago
How to make it
- Pour boiling water over chiles to cover in medium bowl; let stand 30 minutes or until chiles are softened.
- Drain chiles, reserving 1 cup liquid. Set aside.
- Heat oil in small saucepan over medium-high heat until hot. Add 2/3 cup onion and 6 cloves garlic; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Place onion mixture, chiles, reserved liquid, oregano, salt and sugar in blender or food processor container. Cover; process until smooth.
- Strain sauce.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!