Steak Tacos with Chipotle sour CreamFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 1 flank or top round steak, cut approximately 1-inch thick shopping list
- 2 bell peppers, cut into quarters shopping list
- 1 medium onion, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 8-10 small flour tortillas, warmed shopping list
- ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ shopping list
- Zesty Southwestern marinade shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed shopping list
- +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ shopping list
- Chipotle Cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 tsp. adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers shopping list
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. shopping list
How to make it
- Place steak and marinade in sealable plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Refrigerate 6 hours to overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- Brush bell peppers and onion lightly with oil; season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Place steak and vegetables on rack in broiler pan so surface is 2-3 inches from heat. Broil flank steak 13-18 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once. Broil peppers and onion 13-15 minutes, or until crisp-tender, turning once.
- Cut vegetables into thin strips; combine. Carve steak across the grain into thin slices. Serve with Chiptole Cream.
- For Chipotle Cream: Combine sour cream, cilantro and adobo sauce. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.