Chocolate - Ancho Peach CakeFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed shopping list
- 1/4 cup hot water shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2/3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp honey shopping list
- 1 tbsp ancho chili paste shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 large, ripe peach, peeled and sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease a 9-inch pan (I like a springform for unmoulding's sake).
- Combine flaxseed and hot water in a small bowl, let stand 10 minutes.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add honey, ancho paste, vanilla and flaxseed mixture, beating well.
- Mix flour mixture, alternating with buttermilk into the creamed blend.
- Pour into cake pan.
- Arrange peach slices on top.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove the sides of the sringform and move to a wire rack to cool completely.