Multi Seed Mixed Flour BreadFrom scharffenberger 6 years ago
- 2-3 cups unbleached flour-can be a combination of unbleached bread, or all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon active dry yeast or a packet shopping list
- 2 Cups Lukewarm water or milk shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons fat at room temperature. any neutral tasting oil is fine too shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons honey, molasses, or sugar shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons instant potato flakes (optional) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons gravy Master or caramel Coloring (optional) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Distalic Malt Powder (optional) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 2 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 cup of rye flour shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons flax seeds (optional) shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds (optional) shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds(optional) shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon caraway seeds (optional) shopping list
- Additional non stick cooking spray shopping list
- Heavy duty mixer with dough hook shopping list
How to make it
- Spray bowl of mixer and two 8 X 4 inch bread pans with non stick cooking spray.
- Reserve one cup of whole wheat and one cup of white flour. Set aside.
- Put all of remaining ingredients in greased mixing bowl. Mix until it becomes a shaggy ball, adding the additional flour 1/2 cup at a time. You might not have to add all this flour. This should happen in about 10 minutes. The dough should be somewhere between a gloppy mess and playdo. If it is still gloppy after all that let it rest in the mixing bowl for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the dough hook, Shape the dough into a ball. Cover with a wet clean dishtowel or plastic wrap. Place the dough in a warm place for an hour and a half or until doubled..
- Turn dough out on a lightly floured clean dry counter. Press flat. Divide dough in two. Using a rolling pin, or your hands roll each half out to roughly a 12 X 7 inch slab and then roll up the short side and pinch the seams. Cover and place in a warm place until almost doubled about 30 45 minutes. This part is tricky , and may take more or less time.
- Have a shelf in the middle of your oven. If you have a baking stone you can put the loaf pan directly on the stone. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put loaves in oven, Reduce heat to 350 degrees. Bake for around 49 minutes.
- .The bread may not feel hard, but there should be a sheen on the bottom of the loaves.
- Remove from oven. Cool on rack. Let cool two hours before slicing.