Romaine Grilled Avocado and Smoky Corn Salad with Chipotle Caesar DressingFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- • 1/4 cup grated parmesan shopping list
- • 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- • 1/4 cup fresh lime juice shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- • 1 tablespoon minced canned chipotle chiles in adobo shopping list
- • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- • 2 ears of corn, shucked shopping list
- • 2 firm-ripe 6-to 8-ounces avocados, halved and pitted but not peeled shopping list
- • 1 head romaine (1 pound), tough outer leaves discarded and head quartered lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1-inch strips shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare grill for direct-heat cooking over hot charcoal (high heat for gas);
- Put parmesan in a medium bowl and add olive oil in a slow stream, whisking. Whisk in lime juice, garlic, chipotles, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Rub vegetable oil on corn and cut sides of avocados, then season with 1/8 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Grill avocados, cut sides down, and corn, covered only if using a gas grill, turning corn occasionally, until golden-brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Peel avocados and thinly slice. Cut corn kernels from cobs.
- Toss romaine with dressing and serve topped with avocado and corn.
- Cooks' note: Corn and avocados can be grilled, in batches if necessary, in a lightly oiled hot grill pan over medium-high heat.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!