Japanese ChickenFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 whole egg shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 1 cup Japanese bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon canola oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons ketchup shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Lay one thigh at a time flat on piece of plastic wrap with smooth skin facing up.
- Place another piece of plastic wrap on top and pound the chicken to an even 1/4" thickness.
- When all chicken is pounded cut each thigh into 3 pieces then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Dredge each piece in flour.
- Combine egg and egg white in a bowl then beat lightly with a fork.
- Dip each thigh in egg and allow excess to drip off then dredge in crumbs.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high then add chicken and cook 3 minutes.
- Take pan away from stove and lightly coat tops of chicken with cooking spray.
- Turn the pieces over and cook another 3 minutes or until they are cooked through.
- Combine ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, mustard and rice vinegar in a bowl.
- Serve 3 of the chicken cutlets fanned on each plate and place a puddle of sauce at base of fan.