Creamy Hungarian Mushroom SoupFrom prince 8 years ago
- 1 lb of fresh sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 2 tsp. of dried dill weed shopping list
- 1 tbsp. of paprika shopping list
- 1 tbsp. of soy sauce shopping list
- 2 c. of chicken broth shopping list
- 1 c. of milk shopping list
- 4 tbsp. of unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 c. of chopped onions shopping list
- 3 tbsp. of all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. of salt shopping list
- ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 tsp. of lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 c. of chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/2 c. of sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- First you want to add some butter to a large pot over medium flame.
- Saute the onions for approx. 5 min.
- Next add the mushrooms cooking approx. 5 min.
- Now add in the dill, paprika, soy sauce, and the broth.
- Reduce your flame to low, cover with a lid and simmer for approx 15 min.
- Now in a separate bowl, whick together the milk and flour
- You can pour this in the soup and stir.
- Next you want to cover this with a lid and cook on low for 15 min.
- Finally, add in salt, pepper, lemon juice, parsley, and sour cream.
- Mix this all together and cook on low for approx. 3-5 in.
- Ladle up and serve!
People Who Like This Dish 24
The Cookprince Miami, FL
The Rating6 people
The original Moosewood Cookbook has a very similar recipe using vegetable stock. Your recipe is simpler because you simply add the milk/flour mixture to the soup rather than preparing a white sauce with it. A quick 5 for this, because I've made it ...moresoprano in Winnetka loved it
This is very good, mushroom soups are a personal favorite. Definite comfort food.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Amazing! My first mushroom soup and it's brilliant. Thanks!wrongtoothbrush in Whistler loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!