Island ChickenFrom upstatevoyager 6 years ago
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks shopping list
- 2 pounds chicken pieces or 4 boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (I prefer to use tamari sauce) shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in strips shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- In skillet, brown chicken in oil.
- Pour off accumulated fat.
- Add reserved pineapple juice, chicken broth, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic.
- Cover and simmer over low heat 40 minutes (less if using boneless chicken.)
- Add green pepper strips and pineapple chunks.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water. Add to skillet.
- Cook until thickened.
- Serve over rice if desired.
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
The Rating2 people
This is a good dish. We were looking for something different and colorful to put on a restaurant line where people eat with their eyes. We made 100 servings of this and sold out. We adapted slightly by using 5 oz. boneless grilled chicken breasts and...morechefjeb in Carthage loved it
To anyone looking for a good chicken recipe, this is it. See my comments about the restaurant hot line. We have people requesting it and it is on our regular menu rotation (three entrees, you choose the sides) daily. This recipe is a keeper. Thanks f...morechefjeb in Carthage loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!