Turkey Potato Leek SoupFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 2 baby leeks or 1 large leek shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic chopped shopping list
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme divided shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 cups mashed potatoes shopping list
- 3 cups turkey broth shopping list
- 2 cups cooked turkey chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Slice white portion of leeks into thin rounds.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy pot over medium heat then add leeks and sauté until soft.
- Add garlic and continue to cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Pull thyme off 2 sprigs and add to the pot along with salt.
- Add potatoes stirring to combine then just cover with broth.
- Stir in turkey and cook another 5 minutes to warm through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste then pour into warmed bowls and garnish with thyme.