Italian Tuna Pasta SaladFrom vainwi 6 years ago
- 8 oz medium shell pasta shopping list
- 2 cans water-packed tuna, drained shopping list
- 1 can white beans (northern, canellini, etc.), drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 small onion, minced (1/2 cup) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 12 kalamata or similar olives, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 T capers shopping list
- 2 T fresh basil, chopped (I used lemon basil) - or more, to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 T lemon zest, minced shopping list
- 1 lemon, juiced shopping list
- 1 t coarse ground or cracked pepper shopping list
- 1 t dried dill weed shopping list
- salt, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Bring pot of water to a boil, add pasta and cook to desired tenderness.
- In the meantime, mix tuna, beans, onion, celery, olives, capers and basil in a large bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, pepper and dill weed.
- Drain pasta, run under cold water and add to bowl w/ tuna mixture.
- Pour dressing over and toss well. Salt to taste.
- Note: you could add blanched (or frozen, thawed) green beans or parsley for more flavor and color.