Mixed Nut BrittleFrom ande16 8 years ago
How to make it
- Turn oven on at 200° F. for approximately 30 minutes
- Turn off when oven is warm.
- Butter 2 cookie sheets, 15.5" x 12 "; keep warm in oven.
- Mix baking soda, 1 tsp. water and the vanilla in small bowl; reserve. In 3 qt. saucepan combine sugar, 1 cup water and corn syrup.
- Cook over med. heat, stirring occasionally, to 240° F. on thermometer
- Stir in butter and nuts.
- Cook, stirring constantly on med. low heat, to 300° F. on thermometer.
- (watch carefully so mixture does not burn).
- Immediately remove from heat; stir in baking soda mixture making sure to blend completely.
- Remove cookie sheets from oven and pour half the mixture onto each sheet, quickly spread to form about 1/4 thickness.
- Cool completely before breaking into pieces.
The Cookande16 Carmel, IN
- Not added to any groups yet!