Strawberry - Banana Rhubarb PieFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
- 3/4 cup flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup cold butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup shortening shopping list
- 4 - 5 tbsp cold water shopping list
- 3 tbsp tapioca flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 13 oz strawberries, quartered shopping list
- 15 oz rhubarb, chopped into 3/4"-1" pieces shopping list
- 1 large ripe banana, sliced into rounds shopping list
- egg wash (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Make and roll out pastry according to instructions, fitting half into a 9" pie pan.
- Combine the tapioca flour and sugar and sprinkle over strawberries and rhubarb. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Layer banana slices evenly on the bottom pastry crust.
- Pour the strawberry-rhubarb mixture over the bananas and smooth to an even layer.
- Roll out and cut remaining pastry into strips.
- Form a lattice-work pattern overtop of the filling and crimp the edges with a fork to seal. Brush lattice with egg wash if desired.
- Bake pie (on a sheet tray to catch drips) on the bottom rack of the oven for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 350F and cook for another 45 minutes. Until browned and bubbling.
- Allow to cool thoroughly before slicing.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating5 people
Jo Jo, This Sounds Really Tasty. I Love A Good Rhubarb Pie And This WAY Better Than Good. Thnx For Sharing.
Steffgoblue434 in Anniston loved it
What a nice twist to a strawberry-rhubarb pie. I will be making it for sure. 5 forksbrianna in loved it
beautiful!! great Sharemidgelet in Eastern loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!