Basic Gluten-free White SauceFrom sola 4 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter,cubed shopping list
- 1 Tbl.tapioca starch shopping list
- 1 Tbl. rice flour shopping list
- 1 Tbl. sorghum flour shopping list
- 2 cups milk,room temp. preferably shopping list
- 1 -8 Oz package cream cheese shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 2 Cups,shredded sharp cheese,if making cheese sauce shopping list
- plus 2 Tsp. Dijon mustard shopping list
How to make it
- In a 3 QT heavy,non-stick saucepan over medium heat,melt butter.Stir in flours & starch.Cook for one minute,until smooth and bubbly;stirring occasionaly.Pour in milk a little at a time,stirring as you do so.You may want to raise the heat a bit at this point,for just a minute or 2 .Add cream cheese,salt and pepper (and cheese & mustard if making cheese sauce ).Lower heat to medium low.Continue cooking until sauce has thickened,stirring from time to time.
- Use in favorite recipe requiring white sauce.Or add cooked GF pasta and bake in a 2 QT greased dish at 400 for 20 minutes for mac & cheese.Sprinkle crushed potato chips on top for mock bread crumbs.
- You also omit cream cheese,for a less rich sauce.Or use half as much.I use low fat cream cheese.
The Cooksola Kill Devil Hills, NC
The Rating2 people
thank you for post a great recipe... kids will love a better mac and cheese...five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it