Orange Lime Pie with Meringue ToppingFrom moxie2burn 5 years ago
- 18 cinnamon graham crackers, broken up shopping list
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 4 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice shopping list
- 1 orange, zested shopping list
- 1 lime, zested shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. with the rack in the middle of the oven. In a food processor, pulse crackers until crumbly. Slowly drizzle in butter while pulsing until crumbs are moist but still crumbly. Press mixture into a springform pan using the bottom of a measuring cup. Make sure the crust goes at least 1-inch up the sides. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together egg yolks, milk, lime and orange juices and zests. Pour into crust and bake until pie sets, about 30 to 35 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Preheat broiler. In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk egg whites on medium speed until foamy. Slowly add sugar until meringue turns glossy. Increase the speed and continue whisking until meringue holds medium soft peaks. Top pie decoratively with meringue. Broil in the middle of the oven until meringue begins to brown on the top, about 3 minutes.
The Cookmoxie2burn Matanuska-Susitna Valley, Alaska
- Not added to any groups yet!