Chicken Parmigiana with Zucchini NoodlesFrom tlewis 5 years ago
- 3 chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 cup reduced fat buttermilk shopping list
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 tsp oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp basil shopping list
- ½ tsp thyme shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- ¼ tsp pepper shopping list
- 6 small zucchinis shopping list
- 1 large yellow squash shopping list
- 1 shallot shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 tomato shopping list
- ¼ cup tomato sauce shopping list
- ¼ cup roasted red pepper shopping list
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil shopping list
- ½ cup mozzarella shopping list
- 3 Tbs olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Take 3 large chcicken breasts and place in 1 gallon Ziploc bag. Pound them out to 1 inch.
- Fill shallow pan (like pie dish) with 1 cup reduced fat buttermilk. Let them soak about 5 minutes.
- While chicken in saoking in buttermilk, fill another shallow pan with ½ cup Panko bread crumbs.
- Add to the bread crumbs 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp basil, ½ tsp thyme, ½ tsp, salt, ¼ tsp pepper. Mix well.
- Take your chicken breasts and transfer to the Panko, coating both sides.
- Transfer to a baking sheet brushed with 1 ½ Tbs olive oil.
- Bake in oven at 350º for 25 minutes, turning the breasts half way.
- While the chicken is in the oven, take your zucchini and cut in half.
- Take a zester and run it down the zucchini. Do this along all the sides until you get to the core.
- Discard the core.
- Do the same thing with yellow squash. Make sure you have 2 generous cups of zucchini and squash.
- Set aside.
- Thinnly slice 1 shallot, mince 3 garlic cloves, dice one ripe tomato, slice ¼ cup roasted red pepper and ¼ cup fresh basil.
- Check your chicken. Make sure it is flipped.
- Heat 1 Tbs of olive oil in a large skillet. Add garlic and shallotand saute until they are just beginning to get translucent.
- Add ¼ cup tomato sauce and ½ of your basil. Stir and cook for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add tomatoes and red peppers.
- Stir and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini noodles. Toss with the sauce and saute at a meduim heat for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and tranfer to bowl. This is to prevent the zucchini from overcooking and getting soft.
- Take the chicken from the oven and sprinkle with mozzarella. Put under broiler under normal heat until cheese melts and bubbles.
- Serve the chicken over the zucchini pasta. Garnish with fresh basil, diced tomato and drizzle with olive oil.
The Cooktlewis Fair Oaks, CA
The Rating3 people
I love this recipe! Saving it ti try soon, great post.m2googee in Tomball loved it
Love zucchini noodles...if you really want to low carb it....try crumbling up pork rinds as your crusting material for the chicken...crushed pork rinds = zero carbs. Love this recipe.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!