Chicken Noodle Soup Asian StyleFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- 1 oz Dried Shiitake mushrooms; soaked in hot water for 30 minutes, drained, trimmed and sliced shopping list
- 1 tb vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 c Minced onion shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic; minced shopping list
- 2 ts Minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 c Sliced carrot shopping list
- 1 1/2 c Sliced napa cabbage or bok choy shopping list
- 6 c chicken stock or broth shopping list
- 1/2 pk Dried Asian egg noodles shopping list
- 1 c broccoli florets (optional) shopping list
- 1 c Cooked sliced chicken shopping list
- 1 tb soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tb rice vinegar shopping list
- sesame oil to taste shopping list
- Minced whole scallion for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan set over moderate heat, heat the oil until it is hot. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger, and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Add the carrot and cabbage and toss to combine Add the broth, reserved mushrooms and salt to taste and simmer 10 minutes
- In a saucepan of boiling salted water cook the pasta until al dente, drain and transfer to stock. Add the broccoli, chicken and seasonings and simmer stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes, or until broccoli is just cooked and chicken heated through.
- Add sesame oil.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with the scallion.
- Yield : 4 servings
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!