Tiger Shrimp In Cream Tomato Sauce With Shallots And BasilFrom steadwell 4 years ago
How to make it
- Using chicken sheers, cut the prawns down the spine and butterfly them.
- Put them in a frying pan face down with the shells upward in heated oil until browned.
- Remove the shrimp and keep aside.
- Using the drippings in the skillet, add crushed garlic and sliced shallots.
- Simmer until shallots are clear.
- Add white wine, cream and tomato sauce stirring frequently.
- Let simmer until sauce is of the desired consistancy.
- In the skillet with the sauce, re-apply the shrimp and let simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Cook the rice or pasta and serve the dish with fresh basil sprinkled on top.