MEXICAN STUFFED PEPPERSFrom spinach1948 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 4 green bell peppers. ( Red, orange or yellow can be used instead. ) shopping list
- 1 Lb lean ground beef or lean ground turkey. shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1envelope taco seasoning mix shopping list
- 2cups cooked rice white or brown shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- 1)Preheat oven to 350º. Cut ¼ inch from tops of bell peppers. Scoop out the seeds and membranes; discard.
- 2)Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add beef and onion. Cook, stirring, until beef is brown and crumbly, about 5 minutes; drain fat.
- 3)Prepare taco seasoning mix according to package directions; add to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add rice; mix well. Cook for 3 minutes longer.
- 4)Before stuffing rub vegetable oil over the outside of the peppers to keep them soft and flexible while stuffing. Spoon beef mixture into peppers. Place in a baking dish. Add ¼ inch of water to dish; cover. Bake for 20 minutes; uncovered. Sprinkle with Cheddar. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes longer.
- To cut baking time in half in step 4, microwave the bell peppers on high for 2 minutes before stuffing them with the beef mixture.