Tangy Turkey BurgersFrom spinach1948 4 years ago
- 1 ½ lb. ground turkey shopping list
- 3 Tbs. Minced green onion shopping list
- 1tsp. Reduced-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 1tsp. Minced fresh ginger or ½ tsp. ground ginger shopping list
- 2 tsp. dijon-style mustard shopping list
- ¼ tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 6 whole-grain hamburger buns, lightly toasted shopping list
- Green-leaf lettuce and scallion ( green onion ) brushes for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- 1 Preheat the broiler. Line a broiler pan with foil
- 2 In a large bowl, combine the turkey, green onion, soy sauce, ginger, mustard and pepper. Mix well. Shape mixture into 6 patties.
- 3 Place patties on rack in prepared pan. Broil 2 inches from the heat until patties are cooked through, about 5 minutes per side
- 4 Place the buns on serving plates; place lettuce on buns and top with burgers. Garnish with scallion brushes and serve.
- The typical burger condiments—ketchup, yellow mustard, relish, and pickles-- are high in sodium. For a change of pace, try topping burgers with healthy alternatives such as tomato, red and green bell pepper, and a little homemade salsa. Also make wise bread choices—English muffins and whole-wheat pita pockets are low-fat options.
- Per serving:Calories 288, carbohydrates 22g, protein 24g, sodium 432mg, fat 11g, cholesterol 83mg.