Chicken Teriyaki - Diabetic FriendlyFrom spinach1948 4 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 3 Tbs. sesame seeds shopping list
- 2 Tbs. Reduced-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbs. honey shopping list
- 1 tsp. oriental sesame oil ( optional ) shopping list
- 1 tsp. Minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- ¼ tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves ( 4oz each ), cut into 1-inch chunks shopping list
- green onion for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- 1 In a medium bowl, combine sesame seeds, soy sauce, honey, oil, ginger, garlic, and pepper. Mix well. Set aside 2 Tbs. Of marinade. Add the chicken to remaining marinade in bowl and stir to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2 Preheat the broiler. Remove the chicken from marinade; place on a broiler pan. Discard the marinade in bowl. Broil 5 inches fromheat, basting with reserved marinade and turning once, until no longer pink in center, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- 3 Garnish chicken with green onion. Serve immediately.
- For a special occasion, serve the chicken over Chinese noodles with a dipping sauce. To prepare the sauce, in a small bowl, combine ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce, 1 tsp. Minced fresh ginger, and ½ colve garlic, minced. Mix well.
- You can also use Mirin(a sweet Japanese wine) or a little Sake with some sugar in the marinade.
- Per Serving: Calories 183, Carbohydrates 9g, Protein 27g, Sodium 300mg, Fat 4g, Cholesterol 66mg.
- Note: This is a Diabetic Friendly recipe.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating4 people
love Teriyaki chicken YUMMIE thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Another great one! Thanks and high 5!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
This looks scrumptious. Thanks for sharing this one.tablescape in loved it