Lamb shanks with tomato and risoni pastaFrom ditty 4 years ago
- 6 - 8 lamb shanks shopping list
- ½ cup plain flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 4 - 6 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- ½ cup white wine (open new bottle and have a drink while you cook) shopping list
- 400g can chopped tomatoes (I use Italian) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 4 cups chicken stock (can use beef) shopping list
- 1 cup risoni pasta shopping list
- 3 zucchini, chopped coarsely shopping list
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (yuk I don't use this stuff) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind - I like the taste of lemon so I use the rind of a whole lemon ;-) shopping list
How to make it
- What you do -
- Preheat oven to moderately slow (320F/280F fan-forced).
- Toss lamb in flour, shake away excess flour. Heat oil in a large flameproof baking dish; cook lamb until well browned all over.
- Add garlic to dish, cook until fragrant but not coloured. Add wine to dish; boil until almost evaporated. Add tomatoes, paste and stock; bring to the boil. Cover dish tightly with foil; transfer to the oven and cook for 2 hours.
- Add risoni and zucchini to dish; cook, covered, for a further 40 minutes or until tender. Stir in parsley and rind.