15 Bean Soup MixFrom astrochef 6 years ago
- 1 lb, dried black beans shopping list
- 1 lb, dried red beans shopping list
- 1 lb, dried kidney beans shopping list
- 1 lb, dried navy beans shopping list
- 1 lb, dried great northern beans shopping list
- 1 lb, dried baby lima beans shopping list
- 1 lb, dried large lima beans shopping list
- 1 lb, dried pinto beans shopping list
- 1 lb, dried green split peas shopping list
- 1 lb, dried yellow split peas shopping list
- 1 lb, dried black-eyed peas shopping list
- 1 lb, dried red lentils shopping list
- 1 lb, dried green lentils shopping list
- 1 lb, dried brown lentils shopping list
- 1 lb, dried cranberry beans (AKA Borlotti beans) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the beans in a very large bowl; pour 2 cups into a large wide mouth jar.
- In addition, if using for a gift hand write or type an attractive instruction card and then attach this to the Jar title it: If you really want to be thoughtful, you may include the spices in a separate bag included with the jar.
- Bean and Ham Soup
- To make a delicious bean and ham soup you will need;
- 2 cups, 15 bean soup mix
- 1, smoked ham hock (Unsmoked is fine)
- 2 cans, 14.5 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1, bay leaf
- 6 cups, water
- 1/4 cup, chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon, red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons, salt
- 1 teaspoon, ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon, chili powder
- 1 teaspoon, ground cumin
- Cover the bean mix with water and soak overnight.
- Drain the beans and place in a large soup-pan/stockpot, add the ham hock, tomatoes, onion, celery, garlic, bay leaf, and 6 cups of water. Bring to a boil over a medium high heat; reduce to a medium low heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add the remaining ingredients; continue to simmer for 1 hour or until the beans and ham are tender. Take out the ham hock remove the meat from the bone cut into small bit-size pieces and return to the soup, remove the bay leaf before serving.
- Serve hot with nice crusty bread.
The Cookastrochef London, GB
The Rating3 people
Great post Chef! 5 Forks!
J and Mquaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
Wonderful - can't wait to try this for next Christmas. High 5 to you!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
this is a great combo of beans... I love a good hardy bean soup with a ham bone cooked with it... five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!