Sour Cream And Hazelnut Waffles With Warm Berry CoulisFrom dond 7 years ago
- For waffles: shopping list
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter shopping list
- ¼ cup honey shopping list
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 Tbsp baking powder shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- ¼ tsp baking soda shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1½ cups whole milk shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- ⅔ cup chopped toasted hazelnuts shopping list
- Warm Berry Coulis: Makes about 3½ cups. shopping list
- 2 cups fresh strawberries shopping list
- 2 cups fresh raspberries shopping list
- 1 cup fresh blueberries shopping list
- 1 cup fresh blackberries shopping list
- ½ cup sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- Zest of one lemon shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter with honey in small saucepan over low heat.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in large bowl to blend.
- Whisk eggs, milk, and sour cream in another large bowl until well blended.
- Gradually whisk dry ingredients into wet ingredients until batter is smooth.
- Whisk butter-honey mixture into batter and sprinkle with hazelnuts.
- Keep waffles warm in 250° F. oven.
- To make the Warm Berry Coulis:
- Place half of each type of berry in a saucepan.
- Add sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice and let stand until the juices are released, tossing occasionally, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Bring berry mixture to a simmer over medium heat; reduce heat and simmer uncovered until the berries are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Strain through a fine-mesh strainer into medium bowl, pressing on the solids to release as much juice as possible.
- Discard solids in strainer.
- Return berry purée to same saucepan.
- Add remaining berries to saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat until warmed through, gently stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
The Cookdond Rockville, MD
- Not added to any groups yet!