Shrimp SaladFrom garde_manger_billings 4 years ago
- 2 cups enriched polished long grain rice shopping list
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil (evo) for short shopping list
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- zest and juice of 2 lemons shopping list
- 16 oz can of sliced pineapple (save juice) cut in pieces shopping list
- 2 baby carrots shaved shopping list
- 1/4 bag of 250/300 baby shrimp (frozen) shopping list
- 1 cup of raisins cooked and drained shopping list
- 10 grams of microplanned ginger shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 Tbs of black peppercorns shopping list
- 1 Granny smith apple cut in small wedges shopping list
- 1 stick of celery cut in small slices. shopping list
- 1 tsp roated sesame seeds for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Assuming not everyone knows how to cook rice.
- Fill a 4 qt sauce pot about 3/4 of water add a pinch of salt. Let water come to a boil. Then add the rice. Stir the rice until the water begins to get cloudy and begins to come back to a boil.
- As the rice is cooking, shave your baby carrots.. Put them in ice water so they don't turn.
- Drain in a seperate container or bowl the juice from your can of pineapples. Take a 1 qt saucepot and place the juice of the pineapple and lemons, the ginger, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon,
- peppercorns, applecider vinegar, red wine, brown sugar. Stirring ocassionally let the sauce come to a boil then let simmer and reduce by 3/4.
- Go ahead and start cutting your celery in thin slices, and your apples in small wedges, and your pineapple in small pieces. Put these in Ice water also so they don't turn.
- You want to keep all your vegetables and fruits as fresh as possible during this process. That's why you put them in cold ice water.
- Once the rice is cooked save about a 1/4 of the rice water to cook your raisins. Drain the rice and rinse under cool running water and then set aside.
- Cooking the raisins allows them to swell due to the heat. They will also take in some of the nutrients of the rice water.
- Once the raisins have swelled drain them and set them aside to cool.
- Once your sauce has reduced. Caramalize your apples in the sauce and then carefully remove them. Keep them warm in the oven or under a heat lamp. Saute your raisins and pineapple, till just starting to caramalize. Set them to warm as well.
- Now take another 1 qt sauce pot and bring some water to boil.
- Meanwhile saute your shrimp in the sauce. till hot and tender.
- Take your sauce and drizzle it over your plating.
- You can put it together any way you like. the picture is how I plate it. A wonderful dessert for all your friends.
- Keep in mind that all your pots and pans are part of your (mis en plac) which means everything in its place and ready to go.
- Doing this will cut down your prep time and cooking time. It took me 45 minutes the first time. Now it hardly takes any time at all. When you envent you take your time to do it right.
- as a side I used some cucumbers but it did nothing for them. So maybe you might like some ginger cream to go on the side instead.
The Cookgarde_manger_billings Houston, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!