Bears Beer Chicks dipped in HoneyFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
- chicken strips shopping list
- 1 pound chciken breast strips shopping list
- 12 ounces beer (your Choice) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 eggs 2 drops egg shaded food coloring shopping list
- vegetable oil for frying shopping list
- salt shopping list
- honey mustard dipping sauce shopping list
- 3/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup grey poupon dijon style mustard shopping list
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
How to make it
- Compine beer, eggs, and a dash of salt in a bowl. Stir in flour, adding more if needed. (batter should have the consistency of a thin cake batter.) Add food coloring and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours
- Prepare honey mustard dipping sauce.
- heat 1/1/2 to 2 inches of oil in a deep pot or deep fat fryer to 350 degrees. Remove batter from refrigerator and stor well.
- coat chicken pieces in batter, then gently set in oil usings tongs so strips float. Do not immerse in oil. fry chicken, turning once, until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- Combined honey and mustard in a bowl. Using an electric mixer, mix on low speed until incorporated, about 5 minutes.
- Add mayonnaise and beet on low speed until mixture is of a dipping consistency and turns a light honey color.