PASTA WITH ONIONS AND GOAT CHEESEFrom gardener 7 years ago
- 2teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 4cups thinly sliced sweet onions shopping list
- 3/4cup (3 ounces) goat cheese shopping list
- 1/4cup fat-free (skim) milk (Increase liquid) shopping list
- 6ounces uncooked baby bow tie or other small pasta shopping list
- 1clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2tablespoons dry white wine or fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1-1/2teaspoons chopped fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves shopping list
- 1/2teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 2tablespoons chopped toasted walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 2. Add onions; cook slowly until caramelized, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3.Combine goat cheese and milk in small bowl; stir until well blended. Set aside.
- 4.Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain and set aside.
- 5.Add garlic to onions in skillet; cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- 6.Add wine, sage, salt and pepper; cook until moisture is evaporated.
- 7.Remove from heat; add pasta and goat cheese mixture, stirring to melt cheese. If too dry add a little pasta water,
- 8.Sprinkle with walnuts.
The Cookgardener Plant City, FL
The Rating2 people
I gree with asheats, what a great find here. Yummers and a very high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
holy crap!!! This is the best thing I've seen in so long!! I swear I can taste it, how wonderful to pair carmelized onions and goat cheese!! oh and the walnuts on top - this is devine thanks for the postasheats in BIG BEAR LAKE loved it
I made this the other week, as you can see I didn't use small pasta, thinking that the long strands of linguine would be better, but I was wrong!! I also tried a whole wheat pasta, and I don't think that was the right idea with this recipe either.
moreasheats in BIG BEAR LAKE loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!