Fried Spinach with EggFrom kutadkubilik 5 years ago
- • 500gr spinach (and water and salt for cleaning) shopping list
- • 1 onion, diced shopping list
- • 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- • 1 tsp salt shopping list
- • 1 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 tbspoon red pepper shopping list
- • 2 eggs (depending on the number of servings, this one is for two) shopping list
How to make it
- Cleaning spinach requires utmost attention because it may have a lot of sand or soil among its leaves. To clean it well, you should put some warm water in two seperate large bowls.
- Cut their roots (the small pinkish parts at the end) and put them aside,or like me use right now .ı used right now small pinkish parts cause ı need spinach leaves later for borek..ı freezed them.. we’ll use it in another dish a few days later..
- Put the spinach in the first bowl, wash them there and transfer them into the other bowl full of water. Then fill the first bowl with water again, this time add 1tsp salt in water and then transfer the spinach into this one and wait for some minutes. All the sand will subside at the bottom thanks to this salt. Then do this step one or two more times until you believe it’s completely cleaned. If you have the chance of buying cleaned spinach, you are so lucky that you don’t waste any time doing these steps.
- After cleaning them well, chop them with a knife or tear them with hands. They don’t have to be thin as they get smaller while cooking.
- Put olive oil in a skillet and saute the diced onion in it until golden. Then add pepper in it and put the chopped spinach into it. If your skillet is smaller for the amount of spinach, don’t worry; put them little by little. When they start to cook, they shrink, so all of them will fit into the skillet.
- When they all lose their color, add 1 tsp salt and black pepper into it and put its lid on. Cook it on medium heat for about 15 or 20 minutes until all its water evaporates. Then break the eggs on it.You can serve some scallions or other greens like garden cress, arugula, lettuce or some pickles near it.
The Cookkutadkubilik Istanbul, TR
The Rating4 people
Great post and wonderful pics!!wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
Nice recipe! great pictures and a cool story about the spinach there. Thanks! Dooleydooley in Krum loved it
I love spinach,and making a "nest for the eggs is a great idea! 555555555555555 thank you.
You mention "borek" and spinach. Do you know how to make a spinach and onion borek? In my other life, I always ordered this at the East West Cafe...morettaaccoo in Buffalo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!