Corn And Tomatillo DipFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 4 ears of fresh corn, husked, and cut off the cob shopping list
- 2 jalapenos finely chopped shopping list
- 4 husked, cored and chopped tomatillos shopping list
- 1/2 of green bell pepper chopped shopping list
- 1 small white onion, diced fine shopping list
- 2 limes juiced shopping list
- 1/4 cup of beer (or water) to keep the dip from sticking shopping list
- 1 to 2 tsp of cumin, depends on how much smokey flavor you like shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of chile powder shopping list
- 1 tsp of salt shopping list
- (NOTE: added one squeeze of the honey Bear) shopping list
- The tomatillos were quite tart and we needed to smooth it out. shopping list
- chopped fresh cilantro if you like cilantro, may use parsley shopping list
- Tortilla Chips- shopping list
How to make it
- Add corn kernals and jalapeno pepper to a large saute pan and cook for 10 minutes....non-stick....dry pan...no oil.
- Add the chopped tomatillos, green bell pepper, onion, lime juice, water and seasonings, but not the cilantro.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for five minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Add cilantro and serve with chips.
- Next time I would add another jalapeno, it needed more heat for me, or a pinch of chipotle powder with the cumin.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating4 people
ohhhhhhhh yum this sounds wonderful ...
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Fabuloso!!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Thank You so much! This recipe worked great with my shrimp tacos. I'm gluten intolerant and can't use beer. So I mixed some rice vinegar and water together for acidity and subbed that in. This was delicious and I will definitely be making it again. *...moretwilightrose in Denver/ Nederland♥ loved it