Spicy Carolina Style Pulled Pork In Crock Pot RecipeFrom coffeebean53 7 years ago
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons paprika shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sea salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper shopping list
- 5 lbs pork shoulder shopping list
- 1 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 red onions, quartered shopping list
- 2 yellow onions, quartered shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the brown sugar, paprika, salt and pepper, and rub the mixture over the roast. Wrap tightly in plastic, and refrigerate a few hours, overnight is best.
- In a bowl, combine the vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, sugar, mustard, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- Place the quartered onions in the bottom of the crock pot. Unwrap the roast, and place on top of onions. Drizzle most of the vinegar mix over the roast, reserving some to add to the shredded meat at the end.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours, or high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove the meat and onions to a cutting board. Remove skin and set aside. Using two forks (or your fingers, if you have asbestos hands), pull and shred the pork. Chop the onions, and mix into the shredded meat. Using a fork, remove some of the fat from under the skin, mince, and add to the shredded meat and onions as needed for moisture and flavor.
- Serve on warm buns or crusty hard rolls, with the remaining vinegar mixture on the side.