MASALA DOSAFrom sufia 5 years ago
- 1 cup Black gram (split) shopping list
- 2 cups rice shopping list
- ½ tsp. salt shopping list
- 5 nos. potato(large) shopping list
- 2 nos. onion(large) shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2 tsps. ginger(grated) shopping list
- 4 nos. green chilies shopping list
- 1 tsp. Black gram (split) shopping list
- ½ tsp. mustard seeds (black) shopping list
- ½ tsp. cumin seeds shopping list
- 1 piece red chilies(broken into bits) shopping list
- 10 pieces curry Leaf shopping list
- ¼ tsp. turmeric powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- for chutney: shopping list
- 1/2 coconut, 4 green chillis, 1tsp ginger, a bunch of cilantro, tiny piece of tamarind and salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Wash thoroughly and soak black gram and rice separately for six to eight hours.
- Grind them separately into very smooth paste and mix them together adding salt.
- Allow this dough to ferment overnight during winter and 4 to 5 hours in summer.
- To prepare the stuffing (masala) boil potatoes and chop onions.
- Ginger, garlic and green chillies may be finely chopped or made into paste.
- Heat oil in a broad pan and add a tea spoon black gram, mustard and red chilli.
- When mustard seeds splutter add cumin seeds, onion pieces, ginger garlic and green chilli (finely chopped or ground), turmeric powder, curry leaves broken into pieces and fry till transparent.
- Meanwhile peel the boiled potatoes and cut them into medium size pieces.
- Add them to the frying onions, mix well, remove from fire after about five minutes and set aside.
- Make the chutney by grinding together 1/2 coconut, 4 green chillis, 1tsp Ginger, a bunch of cilantro, tiny piece of tamarind and Salt to taste into fine, thin paste, adding water.
- Heat a flat pan and make thin dosas by spreading the dough on the pan with a ladle.
- Spread oil all around the dosa and when the edges turn golden brown, don't over turn the dosa but place two table spoons of the prepared masala on the dosa and first fold one side over it and then the other side and remove from pan and serve.
- Repeat the procedure for the next dosa. The secret of crisp dosas lies in the amount of oil spread around it.
- With chutney these masala dosas make great eating.
The Cooksufia JP, INDIA
- Not added to any groups yet!