Sweet Corn LatkesFrom peetabear 4 years ago
How to make it
- Cook the corn in a medium saucepan with a cup of boiling water until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Drain the corn in a colander and let cool. Press the corn lightly to squeeze out excess water.
- Puree 1 cup of the corn kernels in a food processor. Add salt to taste, sugar and egg whites and process until just mixed.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the flour, then the remaining corn kernels.
- Scoop out a heaping tablespoon of the latke mixture into your hands and compress into a patty about 1/2-inch thick. Place patty in hot oil to fry.
- Repeat with remaining latkes, cooking 4 to 5 patties at a time, flipping when golden on the first side. Do not crowd pan or they will not brown and crisp properly.
- Drain latkes on paper towels and keep warm in the oven at 250 degrees F until all are completed.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating5 people
Wonderful post - my Mom used to make these and served them with maple syrup! These are bringing back a lot of old memories!
Thanks Peeta for a wonderful post!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
FABULOUS I LOVE THESE PEETA!!!! YUMMY
THANKS TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
The Ladies Just Said It All. Yummy!goblue434 in Anniston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!