English Muffin BreadFrom chefloren 5 years ago
How to make it
- 1. Warm the milk and water in a small saucepan until very warm (125 degrees F/50 degrees C). Lightly grease two 8x4 inch loaf pans; sprinkle cornmeal inside pans.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix together 3 cups flour, yeast, sugar, salt and soda. Stir milk into the flour mixture; beat well. Stir in the remaining flour, 1 cup at a time, until a stiff batter is formed. Spoon batter into prepared pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly doubled in size, about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 3. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Remove from pans immediately and cool.
People Who Like This Dish 5
- mommabaker Nowhere, Us
- lowcountrycook Mt Pleasant, SC
- valinkenmore Malott, WA
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- chefloren Meridian, ID
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔