Apple Strudel Cheese CakeFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup cold butter shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- FILLING: shopping list
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples shopping list
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly.
- In a small bowl, combine egg yolk and vanilla; stir into flour mixture.
- Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan.
- Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce heat to 350°.
- Place apples in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until tender; drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Pour over crust.
- Toss baked apples with cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Arrange apples over cream cheese layer; drizzle with any remaining cinnamon mixture.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Use a sharp knife to cut.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 12-14 servings.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
Add a little caramel topping maybe?!! Mmmmm yummy!jett2whit in Union City loved it
omg!!5!chichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
Sounds great!dollhead in Mechanicville loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Cheesecake Lovers337 members
Sweet Suite158 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
FROM SCRATCH145 members
Perfect For Parties And Potlucks79 members
Anything With NUTs42 members
An Apple A Day30 members
Cakes Of Any Type141 members