Baked Garlic Cheese GritsFrom lenora 5 years ago
- 6 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 2 cups regular grits shopping list
- 16 ounces Cheddar, cubed shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 4 large eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter shopping list
- 8 ounces grated sharp white Cheddar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 4-quart casserole dish.
- Bring the broth, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Stir in the grits and whisk until completely combined.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the grits are thick, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the cubed Cheddar and milk and stir.
- Gradually stir in the eggs and butter, stirring until all are combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with the white Cheddar and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until set.