Baked Salmon PieFrom frandee 7 years ago
- 1/4 lb salt pork shopping list
- 1 lb salmon streak;or fillets skinned & cut into pieces shopping list
- 2 tb flour shopping list
- 1/4 c celery;chopped shopping list
- 1 tb onion;finely chopped shopping list
- 1 Potato; medium, peeled & sliced shopping list
- salt & ground white pepper shopping list
- Pastry for double crust 9" pie shopping list
- water shopping list
How to make it
- Cut salt pork into think strips and spread evenly in the bottom of a 2 qt casserole.
- Dredge salmon lightly with flour. Arrange half the fish on the salt pork. Sprinkle with half of the celery, onion and potato slices;
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll out half of the pastry, slightly thicker than normal, to fit the size of the casserole.
- Cover potato layer with the pastry, cutting two large vents.
- Pour in water through the vents until level with the pastry.
- Layer with the remaining fish, celery, onion and potato to taste.
- Cover with top pastry crust and again cut out two vents.
- Pour water in vents until level with pastry.
- Bake pie in a preheated 350F oven for 1 1/2 hours or till crust is golden-brown.