Portobello Mushroom and Bread appetizerFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1 10-ounce pkg of baby mushrooms shopping list
- Extra virgin olive to taste shopping list
- Dijon mustard to taste shopping list
- Fresh minced garlic to taste shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 large slices from a round rustic white bread toasted shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet with a few Tbs of extra virgin olive oil, sauté sliced portobello mushrooms until tender.
- Add the garlic and a few Tbs of Dijon mustard to taste.
- Season with a bit of salt ( mustard is salty too ) and fresh grated black pepper.
- Cover and set aside.
- Take two long slices of fresh homemade white bread and toast slices in toaster oven or oven.
- Liberally cover with the mushrooms and any liquid.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and add some chopped parsley.
- Cut each piece of bread into two so you will have 4 appetizer pieces .
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 2 to 4.
- If desired one may sprinkle on some fresh grated Romano cheese.
- Note: I like to use a Rosemary White bread as the bread for this recipe
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
I love mushrooms! This sounds good!dynie in Marietta loved it
sounds delicous gotta try this one thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Food Styling And Photography254 members
Quick N Easy123 members
FRESH HERB NUT31 members
Five Or Fewer180 members
Appetizers And Dips269 members
Mad About Mushrooms94 members
Vegetarian Appetizers41 members
Vegetarian Spicy Delights40 members
Quick Simple And Tasty52 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members