Portobello Burgers With Pesto And Roasted Red PeppersFrom kimmeraz 6 years ago
- * 1/2 cup purchased pesto shopping list
- * 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- * 4 sourdough, whole grain, onion, or ciabatta rolls, split horizontally shopping list
- * 4 portobello mushrooms, stemmed, dark gills scraped out shopping list
- * olive oil shopping list
- * 4 slices provolone shopping list
- * roasted red peppers from jar, drained shopping list
- * 4 cups arugula or spinach (about 2 ounces) shopping list
How to make it
- Stir pesto and mayonnaise in small bowl to blend. Season with salt and pepper if desired. ((watch the salt, depending on the pesto you buy, it may already be salty enough))
- Heat your grill or grill pan to medium-high. Grill rolls, cut side down, until lightly toasted. Transfer to plates. Spread grilled side of rolls with pesto mayonnaise.
- Brush mushrooms on both sides with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, rounded side up, 4 minutes. Turn mushrooms over. Cover and grill until mushrooms are tender, about 4 minutes. During the last minute of grilling, place the slices of provolone on top of each mushroom so they can melt. Place 1 mushroom on each roll bottom.
- Pat pepper slices with a paper towel to dry, and place enough to cover each mushroom. Add arugula. Press roll tops over and serve.
- Variations: If you don't care for mayo, you can use the pesto all by itself on the buns. Or, if you don't like pesto, plain mayo works just as well here. And because I love cheese, I put two slices on my mushrooms!! Enjoy!!!
- ** this recipe was adapted from "Bon Appetit" (June 2009)
The Cookkimmeraz Queen Creek, AZ
- Not added to any groups yet!