Coconut Cream Red Lentil SoupFrom coconutgirl 4 years ago
- ¼ cup chopped onion shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic (minced) shopping list
- 2 tablespoon organic olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup organic red lentils shopping list
- 4 cups organic chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 3-4 tablespoon Tropical Traditions coconut cream concentrate, to taste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon organic curry seasoning shopping list
- 1 tablespoon organic cumin shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- yogurt, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- In a sauce pan sauté onion and garlic in oil for 1 minute.
- Stir in red lentils.
- Add chicken broth and water, bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir in coconut cream, curry seasoning, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes or until lentils are soft and cooked through.
- Ladle into serving bowls and top with yogurt if desired.