Low-Fat Baked Chicken ChimichangasFrom ayngelwing 3 years ago
- 1 sm. onion - chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic - minced shopping list
- 1 Tbls. vegetable oil OR butter OR margarine shopping list
- 2 cups salsa shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 pinch salt shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken OR turkey shopping list
- (8) 12" flour tortillas shopping list
- 1 cup canned refried beans shopping list
- non-stick cooking spray - as needed shopping list
How to make it
- -In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté onion and garlic in oil/butter until tender; stir in salsa, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, and salt; fold in chicken/turkey; remove from heat and set aside.
- -Working with one tortilla at a time, spoon 2 Tablespoons of beans down the center of each tortilla; top with a scant 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture.
- -Fold the top and bottom of the tortillas toward the center, then roll up the sides.
- -Secure with wooden toothpicks or pieces of spaghetti noodles if necessary.
- -Place chimichangas in a 13" X 9" X 2" baking pan, seam side down.
- -Spray all sides of the chimichangas with a light coating of cooking spray.
- -Bake in a 450 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp, turning after 10 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and guacamole. Goes well with Mexican or Spanish rice, or a nice crispy salad.
The Cookayngelwing Vancouver British Columbia, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!