Polish Layered CakeFrom kutadkubilik 7 years ago
- 3 boxes butter biscuits (petit beurre / Leibniz type) shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (the pure one, without sugar or powdered milk) shopping list
- 2 stick margarine (no butter!) shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 pack vanilla sugar + a pinch of salt shopping list
- 5 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 10 butter biscuits, ground shopping list
- 1/2 cup peanuts, crushed shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Melt margarine in a saucepan. Add flour, whisk and bring to boil. Add sugar, cocoa and milk.
- 2. Whisk eggs with vanilla sugar and salt. Add to the saucepan together with ground biscuits and crushed peanuts (peanuts, if salted, should be covered with boiling water first to melt saltiness) and reheat, stirring all the time.
- 3. Prepare a tray and cover it well with kitchen aluminium paper or baking paper just like you did with Polish custard cake on crackers. Spread some filling (not more than 5 mm) and cover with next layer of biscuits. Repeat until filling is over. The last layer should be cookies. Cover with aluminium sheet, set in the fridge and put something heavy on the top of the tray. Leave overnight.
The Cookkutadkubilik Istanbul, TR
The Rating2 people
I found your recipe and am very curious about it as I've never made a cake like this before. I have the Oblande wafers and was trying to decide what to do with them. Your recipe sounds very good and I can't wait to try it. Thank you for posting it he...moreannieamie in Los Angeles loved it
wow, interesting recipe luv it thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!