Carrot Cake With Caramelized PomegranateFrom kutadkubilik 6 years ago
- • 1 1/2 cups of plain flour shopping list
- • 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- • 3/4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- • a pinch of salt shopping list
- • 1 cup sugar shopping list
- • 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- • 2 large eggs shopping list
- • About 3 table spoons plain yogurt shopping list
- • 1 1/2 cups finely shredded (juicy) carrot shopping list
- • 1/2 cup caramelized pomegranate arils, please notice they already having adequate spices shopping list
- • For garnish: carrot (cut to mini size), plain yogurt and cayenne pepper shopping list
How to make it
- NOTE: To make Caramelized Pomegranate Seeds (& optionally make Pomegranate Syrup):(For seeds from 1 pomegranate) Slowly heat up 1 tablespoon of butter. Over very low heat, stir-cook 1 teaspoon of diced fresh ginger, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ground seed from 1 green cardamon pod. When you smell the fragrance, add pomegranate seeds(arils) from 1 fruit and 2 Tablespoons of raw sugar. Cook for a few minutes over medium heat while stirring. To optionally make Pomegranate Syrup (an ingredient used in many Middle Eastern dishes), use the seeds from 1 pomegranate & the juice from 2 pomegranates. Add more sugar. Cook while stirring, until the liquid thickens.
- yield: 7" x 7" (18cm x 18cm) square cake
- Pre-heat oven to 350 - 370F, pre-grease the baking tray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar, set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk oil, egg and yogurt, combine them with the flour mixture, carrot and pomegranate, don't over mix. Pour the batter into the tray and bake until it turns golden brown, test with a toothpick to see if it comes out (almost) clean, about 40-45 minutes.
- Garnish with mini carrot, more yogurt and cayenne pepper.
The Cookkutadkubilik Istanbul, TR
- Not added to any groups yet!