Pepper Jack Apple Ham StrataFrom chefmeow 4 years ago
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 medium granny smith apples peeled and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar shopping list
- 4 cups cubed firm bread shopping list
- 1 pound smoked ham coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground dry mustard shopping list
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
How to make it
- Grease a casserole dish then melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Cook apples in butter 3 minutes stirring occasionally until crisp tender.
- Stir in brown sugar then reduce heat to low and cook 6 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Layer half each of the bread, ham, apples and cheese in casserole.
- Repeat with remaining bread, ham, apples and cheese.
- Mix remaining ingredients then pour over cheese.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 then bake uncovered 45 minutes and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!