PEAR CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE ICINGFrom spinach1948 4 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 can ( 15oz )pears, in juice shopping list
- 2 Tbs. of the pear juice shopping list
- ½ cup olive oil shopping list
- 2/3 cup buttermilk shopping list
- ¼ cup soft pitted prunes shopping list
- ½ tsp. almond extract shopping list
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- ½ cup semolina or almond meal shopping list
- 1cup sugar substitute shopping list
- 1 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- ½ tsp. allspice shopping list
- For cream cheese Icing: shopping list
- 4oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese shopping list
- ¼ cup sugar substitute shopping list
- 3 tsp. lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tsp. Finely grated lemon rind shopping list
How to make it
- 1)Preheat oven at 350º.
- 2)Chop 1 pear into ½-inch chunks, set aside. Pour the remaining pears with 2 Tbs. of the juice into a blender or food processor with oil, buttermilk, prunes and almond extract. Puree until smooth.
- 3)Mix well the flour, semolina, sugar substitute, pepper, cardamon and allspice in a large bowl. Pour pureed mixture into flour mixture. Fold through lightly until just combined. Fold in pear chunks.
- 4)Spoon into a lightly greased and lined 8' round cake pan. Bake at 350º for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 5)Spread with Cream cheese icing, when cool, and sprinkle top with a little toasted almond meal if desired.
- Cream Cheese Icing: Beat all the Icing ingredients listed above together until smooth and creamy. Ready to spread.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating5 people
excellent recipe wonderful picture great post Yah Chef. thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Yummy! Another great post.m2googee in Tomball loved it
Very nice cake recipe Mr Spinach.....................Turtleturtle66 in Sacramento loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!